Wolves of the Dawn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

the old topic!

Go down 
+4
Twilight_Wolf
Mudpelt
Snowest
Morgan
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Morgan
Beta
Beta
Morgan

Female
Dog Aries

the old topic! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: the old topic!   the old topic! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 5:21 pm

Keovi's ears twitched at all the voices he could hear. " Maybe later, like when the sun comes up." He mumbled, hearing Iceheart's request. He figited until he was in a tight ball with his ears drew back on his head best he could. Takara watched snowest and Nightwalker another few moments and decided they'd be fine. She go to her feet and bounded through the snow over to Mudpelt, Keovi and Iceheart, slowing to a stop when she got near the den. She glanced back at all the wolves, smiliung breifly before crawling down inside the den with Kuna and the pups. She stepped carefully around Anaya to look inside the den. " hello, Kuna." she said brightly. She turned around to nudge Anaya back inside the den. " common, it's windy out there too, you'll get cold just standin there. Wait till your bigger than me at least." She said with a light laugh. Outside Keovi was feeling sleepy enough to effect Takara, who curled up next to Kuna, feeling warm and safe again.
Back to top Go down
Icestar
Beta
Beta
Icestar

Female

PostSubject: Re: the old topic!   the old topic! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 5:29 pm

"Fine" Iceheart yawned. She could live with that. She doggedly walked back to the pit she had dug, and sinking into it. Iceheart scented, and knew the snow would create a blanket. She closed her eyes slowly. She was right. It gegan to snow hard right away.

Kyota decided to sleep in Icheart's den. He chose a corner and curled up and slept peacefully.
Back to top Go down
http://fireandice.friendhood.net
Twilight_Wolf
Alpha
Alpha
Twilight_Wolf

Female
Dog Pisces

Pet : Image: the old topic! - Page 3 ThKITsunechan
Name: Elleron
Species: Fox cub

PostSubject: Re: the old topic!   the old topic! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 9:49 pm

Kia sighed. It seemed the two would be alright, and the lack of sleep was really starting to get to her. She yawned and headed for her den. She made her way to the back of it, avoiding the tree roots sticking through the narrow tunnel, and lay down at the back. Zio curled himself into a small ball and buried himself deep into her fur. She doubted she'd get a decent sleep since she frequently had nightmares about her past. And right now was one of those times. Her dream held terror, experiencing her mother's death all over again. She shuddered and whimpered in her sleep but was unable to wake up.
Back to top Go down
http://ivalis.forumandco.com/index.htm
Morgan
Beta
Beta
Morgan

Female
Dog Aries

PostSubject: Re: the old topic!   the old topic! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 1:56 am

~Full day later~

A fluffy paw crunched down on the wet snow, slowly melting from a short rainstorm passing. Keovi lifted his paw to look at his print, and placed his other foot beside it. Koara had crawled out almost silently from their den, and crept up behind her father's big fluffy form. Keovi tilted his head after lifting this paw now, and looking at it's result. suddenly, a tiny tan pup pounced out from behind him, landing her two paws next to his. She did as he father did and lifted her paws, contemplating the result, as the larger wolf smiled. " Your paws are so tiny next to my own." he remarked, pointing out the pup's print from his larger one. Koara yipped her agreement and her tiny anima did so as well, but choose not to see his own. He stayed comfortably on Koara's back.

Takara left Keovi's side to visit the carcass of the elk they had killed. She winced at the smell now, vile and rotten. In the rain, it warmed up enough to attract flies and start rotting. She looked at one of the legs, which showed a great deal of meat left, but saw the meat turning slightly green. She stuck her tongue out and decided she had lost her appetite. 'The meat has rotted... we should've buried it. ' She complained to Keovi. ' Oh yea... Oops.' 'Oops? oh well, least none of us are hungry anymore. ' She sighed, covering a small bit of the carcass with snow and leaves.[i]
Back to top Go down
Mudpelt
Dispersal Wolf
Dispersal Wolf
Mudpelt

Female
Pig Aquarius

Pet : Name: Kunamition
Species: Hawk
Picture: the old topic! - Page 3 2nai368

PostSubject: Re: the old topic!   the old topic! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 5:14 am

Mudpelt was outside the den, the sun warming her pelt. She looked up into the clear blue sky. She watched Keovi as he played with Koara. She was getting so big even though she was only a couple of days old.
' They do grow fast don't they? Soon they'll be grown and probably will have to go out and find there own pack and mates,' Kuna thought, sitting on her flank. ' Please don't even think about that. I want to enjoy this,' Mudpelt thought back.

Anaya came tentavily out of the den. She hadn't been out for a long period of time yet. As she looked around she was amazed by all the color and light. The snow amazed her with it's pure whiteness. She liked the smell of the outdoors too. So fresh and clean. It made her feel at home.
Anaya looked out to where her father sat with Koara. She padded up to them and flopped down in the snow, back first. She rolled around in it, loving the coldness of it. When she got up she saw the brown patch she had unearthed in the snow.
" Daddy, Koara, look," Anaya said smiling down at her creation.
Back to top Go down
http://coldbloods.forumotion.net
shadowwolf445
Alpha
Alpha

Male
Horse Aries

Pet : the old topic! - Page 3 Th_---
name:Delila
specis:fox

PostSubject: Re: the old topic!   the old topic! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 11:27 am

Nightwalker was awakened by the overpowering scent of herbs his eyes began to water from the strong scent he jumped to his and rushed out of Iceheart's Den nearly slipping on the snow. he shook his in an useless attempt to rid his nose of the scent. his sense of smell had returned although he wasn't sure if it was fully back. he scented the air and smelled Keovi along with two of his pups and Mudpelt who was still inside the den.

Nightwalker was a curious about Keovi's pups he as yet to interact with any of them though that was because he had been ill. but he was feeling fine today and his scent had come back so he thought that maybe it would be fine. he picked his way through the snow trying not to slip again. he sat down in front of Keovi and the two pups, he looked at them both with his sightless eyes then looked up at Keovi, "what are their names?"
Back to top Go down
Morgan
Beta
Beta
Morgan

Female
Dog Aries

PostSubject: Re: the old topic!   the old topic! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 6:29 pm

Keovi perked his ears, hearing Nightwalker stumble out of his den. His golden eyes brightened when he saw that he was getting better. When asked about his pups, he placed a paw on Anaya, wiping away some of the dirt she had clinging to her fur. " The one that smells like mud is Anaya. " He smiled. " And the other is Koara." He looked down at his spunky, happy pup as she used a claw to scrape lines in the muddy snow. She lifted the paw and shook off the dirt right in Anaya's face. " Oops." she yipped, and leaned forward to lick off the stuff from her sister's nose. " there!" She said cheerfully, looking at Anaya's now shiny nose. Keovi's tail wagged happily as he watched, feeling warm and complete inside. 'How sweet is that?' He said to Takara. Takara ventured over to them again and sprawled out in the sun on a patch of dirt as a cat. 'Just adorable, Keovi.' She laughed.

Koara now turned her interest to Nightwalker. She had heard his name a couple times now, and by now knew he was blind. ' His eyes look funny.' She said to her anima, who just gave her a look that said, " Don't be rude" ' Well look, he can't see! They're all cloudy!' 'Ya.' He simply replied, watching him curiously. Koara took a few steps forward to sniff his fur. " I'm Koara!" she said, trying to stand tall, and wagging her stump of a tail. " Your Nightwalker! Dad told me you can't see." She said quieter, waving a paw in front of him as if to see if that was true. Keovi growled softly, and Koara returned her four paws to the ground, sitting down at the reprimand. Her face was still pulled in a smile though, she was too excited about being outside the den to have her spirits dampened now.
Back to top Go down
Twilight_Wolf
Alpha
Alpha
Twilight_Wolf

Female
Dog Pisces

PostSubject: Re: the old topic!   the old topic! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 7:15 pm

Zio sat in front of Kia, watching her dream. She'd woken up several times, jerking awake and looking frantically around as if that crazy wolf were anywhere near her. Now her breathing was soft and her face was calm. Her paws twitched every now and then, but that was the only fidgeting she did. Zio yawned, and at that yawn Kia awoke. She blinked her eyes open and closed them again tightly. "Ugh, why'd you have to wake me up?" she asked. "I just yawned," Zio said, amused. "Anyway, I think you should go outside. The pups are venturing out of the den now, I think you should go see them." Kia's eyes became pained, but she shoved the memories away. She sighed. This is going to be... eventful, she muttered. Zio smiled. Just go out and meet them. Kia sighed, but she made her way out of her den anyway. She looked around for a moment and spotted the pups beside their parents by their den. She walked the rest of the way out and stood next to Koara. She was just in time to hear Keovi announce their names and she couldn't help but smile. "They're so cute," she murmured. Zio, in his regular cat form, padded up beside her. He, too, had a grin pasted on his face. Kia lowered her head to be level with the pup and smiled. "Hey," she greeted the small pup called Koara. "I'm Kia." She smiled again at the pup.
Back to top Go down
Snowest
Beta
Beta
Snowest

Female
Pet : the old topic! - Page 3 BPz4
Name: Night

PostSubject: Re: the old topic!   the old topic! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 7:34 pm

Snowest awoke in a world of whiteness. For a moment her groggy mind wondered, "Have I gone blind?" Slowly she stood up, the snow and slush sliding of her slick pelt. The first thing she saw was the rotting carcess. Jumping backwards with a start of surprize she hit Jack. They fell down together in a heap. "Good morning." Jack thought to Snowest.
Back to top Go down
Icestar
Beta
Beta
Icestar

Female

PostSubject: Re: the old topic!   the old topic! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 8:58 pm

Iceheart woke up. she felt confined, but knew what to do. She jumped up out of the snow, and landed gracefully by the carcass. "Ugh" she said disgustedly, for she could smell the rotting meat. She stretched and walked confidently over to Mudpelt and Keovi.

"I would like to learn more about packs today" she barked. She heard the pups and smiled "But if you want me to take care of them or do something, that's fine too" She carefully listened for a pup, and aimed her ice blue blind eyes down to it. "How are you doing today?" she asked sweetly.
Back to top Go down
Mudpelt
Dispersal Wolf
Dispersal Wolf
Mudpelt

Female
Pig Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: the old topic!   the old topic! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 9:09 pm

Mudpelt smiled as all the pack came to talk to the pups. Koda was still inside. Mudpelt laughed as she saw him curled up with his anima. That pup could sleep forever, just like his father.

Anaya looked up at all the wolves. She loved the attention, but she felt her shyness creeping up on her. Her anima came over and looked up at her. ' Its okay,' he thought to her. Anaya nodded and head up to the blind wolf her sister was talking to. " Nightwalker, your tall," She said looking up. Well he was tall to her. She reared up on her feet, but she only staid up for a little while. She fell back laughing.
Back to top Go down
Whitefeather
Yearling
Yearling
Whitefeather

Female
Scorpio

Pet : name: Ninko
species: owl
picture:the old topic! - Page 3 WhiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: the old topic!   the old topic! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 11:53 pm

Koda awoke, hearing Anaya laugh. His anima scurried to the den entrance and looked about. There is white stuff all over the ground, it squeeked. Koda got up and came to her side. It looked so bright. He stepped tentatively on it and then pulled it back quickly in surprise. The white stuff was cold and wet.

He then looked up to see his sisters playing over by his dad. Koda scrambled back up, determined to impress his father with bravery. His anima shivered as she followed him out onto the snow and to his father. Koda scooped her up and layed her on his back for warmth. "Koara," he said softly to his sister. He moved into a playful postition to show that he wanted to play. His anima rolled off of him, murmuring about the cold.
Back to top Go down
shadowwolf445
Alpha
Alpha

Male
Horse Aries

PostSubject: Re: the old topic!   the old topic! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 2:20 pm

Nightwalker didn't get upset when the pup talked about him being blind. she was just a pup, in his opinion pups tended to be curious and nosy so he didn't let it bother him. lowered his head down to the small pup his nose almost touching hers, "your father is right i am blind but i am able to"see" with my nose and ears like how i knew how far away u were from me. i can even do a few things a wolf with sight couldn't do."
Back to top Go down
Icestar
Beta
Beta
Icestar

Female

PostSubject: Re: the old topic!   the old topic! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 4:30 pm

((ahhh, did anyone read my post?????))

Quote :
Iceheart woke up. she felt confined, but knew what to do. She jumped up out of the snow, and landed gracefully by the carcass. "Ugh" she said disgustedly, for she could smell the rotting meat. She stretched and walked confidently over to Mudpelt and Keovi.

"I would like to learn more about packs today" she barked. She heard the pups and smiled "But if you want me to take care of them or do something, that's fine too" She carefully listened for a pup, and aimed her ice blue blind eyes down to it. "How are you doing today?" she asked sweetly.
Back to top Go down
Morgan
Beta
Beta
Morgan

Female
Dog Aries

PostSubject: Re: the old topic!   the old topic! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 5:46 pm

Koara drew back slightly when Nightwalker bent down to meet her, thinking he'd bump into but she saw he was right, he didn't need sight to see where she was. " That's awesome!" She yipped, sniffing his nose back. " What else can you do?" She looked up at him with her head tilted, her mind buzzing with thoughts about the large black male flying through the air, and killing rabbits with a single glare. Her anima could hear her thoughts and almost laughed, ' Koara, I don't think he means he has special powers like that. ' He told her. she sent a swift glare his way and was about to look back at Nightwalker when the white wolf walked over. Her eyes widened curiously, seeig a strange glazed look over her eyes as well. " You can't see either!" She squeaked, shocked yet again. " Daddy, why can't so many wolves see?" She looked up at her father, her smile gone, and replaced with a confused head tilt.

Keovi was quiet for a moment and then bent down to his pup's level. " Koara, sometimes things happen we can't control, and it's not always a good thing. Iceheart was very sick, and woke up in darkness. It's a sad thing for a wolf to go through, but that doesnt mean they are any different from you or me." " They're taller than me." she huffed. Keovi couldn't help but smile. " Yes, but you won't be that tiny for long. Just leave Nightwalker and Iceheart alone, and why don't you go play with your brother, he's finally awake." Keovi nudged her away with his nose. Koara opened her maw to argue, but Koda was enticing her to just pounce on him, so she did.

Keovi and Takara both looked to face Icheart, with Keovi thinking hard of how to start. " It's hard to really teach about.. well pack life. It kinda comes naturally to us I guess.." His eyes looked to the ground for a moment as he thought hard. " Well, I guess I can try. " He sighed, returning his gaze to hers. " Come with me." He rose to his paws to pad over to the edge of the clearing, overlooking the lake. Some parts of it were frozen, but melting again fast. Takara followed him and bounded out towards the lake and almost leaped into it before turning into a hawk and taking off on the spot. She circled above the pack for a while to search for other birds, she wasn't feeling too keen on fish today.
Back to top Go down
Icestar
Beta
Beta
Icestar

Female

PostSubject: Re: the old topic!   the old topic! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 5:59 pm

Iceheart nodded to the pup "That's right, I got sick, and lost my sight. But I love to hunt and do everything a wolf can do" She jumped up at Keovi's voice and followed him, laying her muzzle n his back for guidance. She didn't feel like being independent today.

Kyota woke up and bounded out the den. He ran to the nearest pup, Koara and asked eagerly "Can I play? Who's your anima? I'm Iceheart's anima, Kyota, but I can see." He was extremely hyper but tried to sit still while he waited.
Back to top Go down
Mudpelt
Dispersal Wolf
Dispersal Wolf
Mudpelt

Female
Pig Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: the old topic!   the old topic! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 11:13 pm

Anaya was still looking in wonder around her. She overheard Nightwalker talking to her sister.
" So what can you do that other wolves can't," Anaya asked, her gold eyes flashing curiously.
" Can you make things move like me," Anaya asked, showing him how she could use the wind to move things. She could only move things like leaves at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Morgan
Beta
Beta
Morgan

Female
Dog Aries

PostSubject: Re: the old topic!   the old topic! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 11:45 pm

Keovi lead Iceheart until they were next to the lake water, where he sat to stare intently out across it's surface for a moment. A few fish were seen breaking the still surface of the water, sending ripples across it until they died down at the edges of the ice. On the shore opposite him, shadows moved through the trees just out of reach of the grass. Deer. He guessed. A slight movement behind them caught his sight as he saw another shadow dash through the tree from the spot where the deer were and break out of the trees into the sky. 'bird, over at the other side of the lake.' He alerted his anima. His amber orbs followed the hawk in the air as it gracefully flew against the wind towards the alarmed bird. Takara could be seen swooping out of the air towards it and diving into the trees after it once it fled. A splash in the water close to him snapped his attention back towards Iceheart.

" Okay.." He started, trying to find words to describe the pack. " First thing I need to tell you is to let go of whatever happened to you in the past. You are here now, that's what matters. " Keovi turned to fully face her and the clearing now. " Once you can do that, it will be easy for you to get used to a new life here with us. I can only help you so much, much of this you have to do on your own. " He said sympathetically. " You need to let go of this 'Clan' you used to belong to. This is a pack, we do things quite differently here." he huffed, sitting down carefully in the grass. He could see as the sun rose further in the sky that more of the snow was melting, and the sky was clear.

Takara landed on a branch in a tall tree with her talons scraping the bark menacingly. " Where are you little birdy.." She whispered to herself. She took the form of a Pine Marten again to jump onto another branch and stand still on it to look around. She had chased a blue jay into the trees and lost it around the bend of a large pine. She grew irritated as she remained to find anything. " Common, I'm hungry!" She yelled into the trees. It died away quickly in all the leaves, leaving behind silence. " Oh fine." She said out loud again. she pulled her teeth back in a growl before jumping down a few branches to the ground. She settled at the wet, mossy base of a thick tree to groom herself.
Back to top Go down
Whitefeather
Yearling
Yearling
Whitefeather

Female
Scorpio

PostSubject: Re: the old topic!   the old topic! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2008 6:27 am

Koda sat up and looked at his surroundings. He saw a older wolf talking to his sisters and so walked over to join them, his anima huffing from the cold weather. She was persistant to walk without Koda's help but she was almost out of breath by the time they got to his sisters.

Koda's eyes lit up when he saw the wolves with cloudy eyes. He leaned in on the conversation, curious about the wolves.
Back to top Go down
shadowwolf445
Alpha
Alpha

Male
Horse Aries

PostSubject: Re: the old topic!   the old topic! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2008 8:21 am

Nightwalker couldn't "see" what the pup moved but he was able to feel the wind she created, "no i can't do anything like that" he laid down it would be alot more comfortable then leaning down to speak with the pups. he was surpirsed at their interest in him,talking with the pups reminded him of his brothers and sisters in his old pack. they used to ask alot of questions about his blindness all the time. he continued with his explanation, "well for starters i can smell and hear much farther then a normal with can. i can also become invisible if i am frightened enough though i have only been scared enough to only have that happen once."
Back to top Go down
Mudpelt
Dispersal Wolf
Dispersal Wolf
Mudpelt

Female
Pig Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: the old topic!   the old topic! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2008 7:33 pm

Anaya listened to Nightwalker intently. She noticed that Koda had joined the conversation or was just listening.
" Thats so cool. It would be so fun to be invisible. I could run around and no one would notice. I could go out side of the den and see all the other places," Anaya said voicing her dreams. Then she shrank back, her shyness catching her. Sometimes she could just go on and on.

Mudpelt looked up and she saw all her pups clustered around Nightwalker. She wondered what they were talking about. ' I'm going to find out,' she told Kuna. Kuna jumped off her and went to goo find Takara. He didn't like being away from her so long.
Mudpelt padded to where Nightwalker and her pups were. " I hope they are not bothering you, Nightwalker. They have there mothers habbit of curiosity and there fathers determination," She said smiling.

Kuna followed the scent trail out of the camp. It led down towards the lake. ' She's probably hunting ' Kuna thought to himself. He soon came in sight of Keovi and Iceheart. He hoped not to be rude.
" Excuse me, Keovi. I'm sorry for intterupting your conversation. But could you tell me where I might find Takara," Kuna asked.
Back to top Go down
Whitefeather
Yearling
Yearling
Whitefeather

Female
Scorpio

PostSubject: Re: the old topic!   the old topic! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2008 10:23 pm

"I'd like to be invisible," Koda said, "I could easily sneak up on prey or other wolves." He shrank down low as if stalking something. His anima laughed at the thought.

Koda then heard his mother nearby. He leaped up and softly jumped head first onto her paw. "Hi," he whispered, just in case he was in trouble. He could sense his anima also looking up at her, giggling as if it was funny.
Back to top Go down
Twilight_Wolf
Alpha
Alpha
Twilight_Wolf

Female
Dog Pisces

PostSubject: Re: the old topic!   the old topic! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2008 10:43 pm

Kia sat down and watched the pups. In the back of her mind something was burning, nagging at her, but she ignored it. She had a smile on her face when she watched the pups play. Zio, also, sat and watched. He finally got tired of his view here, so he transformed into a mouse and made his way to sit atop her head.
Back to top Go down
shadowwolf445
Alpha
Alpha

Male
Horse Aries

PostSubject: Re: the old topic!   the old topic! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2008 11:49 pm

Nightwalker chuckled a little while he listened to the pups talk about what it would be to become invisible. though he didn't think they understood that he couldn't control when he actually becomes invisible. his ears twitched when mudpelt came over and spoke to him, "no they are not bothering me i don't mind pups asking me questions, it sort of reminds me of my brothers and sisters from my old family." Delila blinked her eyes open, see saw that Nightwalker wasn't in the cave and thought that maybe he sneaked out of the den. she yawned and stood to her paws, walked out of the den and spotted Nightwalker by Mudpelt and her pups. she padded over to them and sat down, "feeling better today Nightwalker?" he turned his head to look at Delila and nodded his head, yes much better my sense of smell it back and i i'm able move around well. Delila was pleased to hear the news she looked at the pups and decided to introduce herself. she dipped, "hello i'm Nightwalker's anima. my name is Delila."
Back to top Go down
Mudpelt
Dispersal Wolf
Dispersal Wolf
Mudpelt

Female
Pig Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: the old topic!   the old topic! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 2:29 am

Anaya was troubled when the other creature sounded worried about Nightwalker. Had he been sick? She was a very caring animal for her age. It saddened her to think of her new friend in any discomfort. She frowned slightly but then perked up when the new creature introduced herslef as Nightwalkers anima.
" Delia, thats a pretty name," Anaya said.

" Well just call me if they get to annoying," Mupelt said as she nuzzled Koda at her paws. He looked like he would make a great hunter. " One day, Koda, you and you sisters will be able to go hunting with your father and Nightwalker, Kia, and the rest of the pack," Mudpelt said, looking proudly at her pups. Shew then walked back to nap, trusting the pack to help look after her pups. She had had to look after them constantly, but now, since they seemed ok to leave the den, she could catch up on her sleep.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the old topic!   the old topic! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

the old topic!
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next