Wolves of the Dawn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A lookout

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Morgan
Beta
Beta
Morgan

Female
Dog Aries

A lookout Empty
PostSubject: A lookout   A lookout Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 5:58 am

"Glacier, be careful..." Azarius said, nervously from his perch on a rock above her head. Glacier looked on over the land, her front paws on the edge of the cliff rock. " Oh please, Azar, I'm fine. " She turned her head back to smile at her little friend, now a mouse, and then turned back to the landscape.
" You think theres any other wolves out there...?" She asked, after a few moments of silence. Azarius leaped from the rock and in the blink of an eye was a bird, flying to her head and landing between her ears. " I dunno, Glacier, we can only keep an eye out and hope for the best. I cant remember seein another wolf's face since we left your parents." He sighed. " But don't worry, you can't be the only one out here, the land may not be the most livable, but theres wolves like you, i'm sure who survive here. " Glacier sighed and nodded. " I guess your right." She layed down with her nose over the edge, tasting the cold mountain air.

Last edited by Zyrxy on Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Morgan
Beta
Beta
Morgan

Female
Dog Aries

A lookout Empty
PostSubject: Re: A lookout   A lookout Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 4:49 pm

It was morning and Glacier was already awake with the sunrise, nosing her bedding around so it would be ready for her if she decided to sleep there again tonight. Azarius sat at the edge of the cave, nibbling on pieces of rock out of boredom, in his favorite form as a mouse. Glacier stood and looked around at the cave they were in, not far from her favorite lookout ledge. She wordlessly turned around towards the open sky, and stopped at the dge of the cave. Azar bounded over to her, climbed her tail and rested on her head between her ears. Glacier wagged her tail a little as she looked out on the beautiful, but daring landscape of Reon. Not far off she could see the shore, the waves glistening on the sand, and the jagged rocks scattered about, and then to the river delta, winding around the rocks that seemed to be everywhere on the island. Azar burried himself in the fur on her neck, sighing and hugging a tuff of fur. Glacier smiled a bit, then watched a flock of birds move across the sky, it all seemed so lonely.

Last edited by Zyrxy on Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
WildWind
Alpha
Alpha
WildWind

Female
Rat Libra

Pet : A lookout L5tO
Name: Pan

A lookout Empty
PostSubject: Re: A lookout   A lookout Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 7:11 am

Alronto climbed about the mountain, slipping every once in a while. Alranta fluttered around him, her blue feathers beautiful in the morning sunrise. "Be careful!" Alranta yelled at him, a red fox in seconds. "Be quiet will you! I'll be fine, just you watch." He replied to her, rolling his eyes without a glance at her. He stopped all of a sudden as he reached better footing. "What's wrong? Is there danger somewhere close?" She asked, walking underneath Alronto's chest with her tail curling around his leg. He shushed her, hiding around the corner of rock as the wolf came outside. 'Speak like this, will you? Your the one who will get us badly hurt or even killed!' 'I'm so sorry, Alronto.. I'm only trying to help, and you know that from experience.' She answered quickly, changing into a bluebird once more. She flew over to the wolf, noticing a mouse on her head. She whistled a beautiful song to them, showing she was there. 'Thank the Creator, they're alone!' 'They're alone? There are more of them?!' He yelled back to her in private, Alranta wincing to his words. 'No, only one wolf, and her Anima. They're alone, like I said. Alronto stumbled out into the open, looking young and foolish a lot like a young teenager embarrassed by a girl he loves. "Why, hello there! And who might a fine lady like you be?" He asked her, Alranta landing on his head. "What are you doing? How embarrassing! Your so careless and foolish sometimes, Alronto! Alranta yelled at him, turning her attention to the strangers. "I'm dearly sorry, hes a bit shy around others, especially she-wolves like yourself. She said to her, Alronto rolling his eyes. "Anyways, I'm Alronto and this is Alranta. Heh, you from this island or are you just traveling?" He stumbled on his words, shy around her. He waited for her response, as did Alranta.
Back to top Go down
https://wotd.rpg-board.net
Morgan
Beta
Beta
Morgan

Female
Dog Aries

A lookout Empty
PostSubject: Re: A lookout   A lookout Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 11:42 pm

(check you pms if you haven't already)

Azarius crawled off Glacier and down onto the ground to watch the bird fly around. " Beautiful, isn't it?" He said to Glacier, who also was following it's movement with her ghostly blue eyes. " Ya, but you've seen plenty birds before," she said, " whats so special about a little blue jay?" She finished, and returned her gaze to the landscape before her. Azar's spirits sank a little, but he muttered, " I dunno, this one seems different some- " He stopped, and Glacier looked down at him confusingly. " What is it?" She asked him, then followed his gaze to some rocks around the corner of their cave. She gasped in surprise, a wolf was standing right in front of her.
He spoke and introduced himself and his anima, while Glacier stood with Azar at her feet, wagging her tail and listening to him until he finished. " Well its very nice to meet you, Alronto, and Alranta. She nodded to them both. "I'm Glacier and this is Azarius. I can't believe I'm standing here in front of a wolf!" She started saying, but Azar finished for her, " Ya, we haven't seem many others since we left her family a little ways back. We've traveled most the island sense." He changed to a cat and padded over to sniff at the two and go run back to Glacier and curl around her legs.
Back to top Go down
WildWind
Alpha
Alpha
WildWind

Female
Rat Libra

A lookout Empty
PostSubject: Re: A lookout   A lookout Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 5:04 am

"Really?" Started Alronto, Alranta flying to the ground and changing form to a fawn. "We haven't either.." Alranta interupted. Alronto rolled his eyes sitting down, his eyes curious and yet a shade of shyness in them. Alranta walked over to Azarius, peeking her head at him. "Hello, might I be able to call you Azu?" She asked, smiling brightly with her under-bodied white tail wagging in a twirling circle. Alronto smiled, looking to them and back to Glacier. "So.. No body? Not one? Not even an Anima?" Alronto laughed a bit at his last words, continuing to speak once again. "I suppose you wouldn't see a Anima without it's wolf, after all they could get rather uneasy considering they share the same pain." Alranta turned to Alronto, changing into a white cat, hissing at him. "Humph.." She mutttered, sitting by Azu once more.
Back to top Go down
Morgan
Beta
Beta
Morgan

Female
Dog Aries

A lookout Empty
PostSubject: Re: A lookout   A lookout Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 5:45 am

Azarius smiled and nodded towards Alranta, then looked back to Glacier. 'They seem really nice.' He silently said to her. Glacier looked towards him, 'Ya they do.' She replied. Turning back to Alronto, she laughed a bit, saying, " Well yes I supose so. " She paused for a moment, seeming in deep thought. Azu crept over to her, and nudging her with his nose. " You alright?" He asked. She shook her head as though shaking away a thought. "Alronto, I'd be more than happy to have a hunting, perhaps traveling companion, and its boring enough traveling the island just as the two of us." She motioned to Azar, still a cat. Azarius looked up at her, feeling the sadness comming off of her now. 'I don't like us being alone either' He silently agreed with her. 'Ya..' she replied. A sharp wind ruffled all their pelts, Azar shifted into a mouse once again and clutched Glacier's paw for comfort.
Back to top Go down
WildWind
Alpha
Alpha
WildWind

Female
Rat Libra

A lookout Empty
PostSubject: Re: A lookout   A lookout Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 11:42 pm

Alranta curled her tail around her legs, lifting a paw to her face. She licked it and rubbed it against her face, grooming herself. Alronto looked at her as she did so, he was thinking a bit annoyingly. 'I wonder if she'll jump like a normal cat if I scare her..' A evil smile crept up Alronto's face as he walked over to her, preparing to pounce. Alranta stopped grooming, looking back to Azarius, smiling brightly. "So, Azu, what do you two do for a living? Alronto and I usally just travel."
Back to top Go down
Morgan
Beta
Beta
Morgan

Female
Dog Aries

A lookout Empty
PostSubject: Re: A lookout   A lookout Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 11:46 pm

Azu stopped clinging to Glacier an bounded over to Alranta, changing tno a cat as well on his way there. " Me and Glacier Usually stay around this mountain, but we've seen pretty much the whole island many times. I guess you can say we travel. We've never seen the other islands though, but we can see them across the waters from one of the highest peaks of this mountain. " He said, and Glacier sat down behind him. " Yes, and it really is a beautiful sight." She said, talking more to Alronto.
Back to top Go down
shadowwolf445
Alpha
Alpha

Male
Horse Aries

Pet : A lookout Th_---
name:Delila
specis:fox

A lookout Empty
PostSubject: Re: A lookout   A lookout Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 12:40 pm

Sai climbed up the mountain side i hope this is far enough from my pack i know they'll be looking for me once they find out i'm gone. he sighed while he thought back to how they treated him lije he was some kinkd of hero when all he wanted to do was live a normal life. Hackle jumped on to Sai's back while he was deep in thought "i'm sure i'm tired why don't we take a break or you could just carry me the rest of the way. "Hackle i'm not going to carry you way don't you just change into somthing that flys". Hackle changed into a mouse and ran to the top of Sai's head "because i'm too tried to flap my arms now just carry". he sighed "you know if we didn't feel the same pain i would eay you"Sai said half joking
"yeah yeah what ever, more climbing and less talkin"
Back to top Go down
Morgan
Beta
Beta
Morgan

Female
Dog Aries

A lookout Empty
PostSubject: Re: A lookout   A lookout Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 12:19 am

Azarius perked his little ears and glanced around quickly. " Hear something?" Glacier asked him. He nodded slightly then stood still and silent to listen again, but all he heard was the wind. " Mustve been the wind." He said, a little disbelieving. Glacier tilted her head questionably and looked around herself. "Alronto, have you seen anyone else on your way up here?" She asked, turning her head to him.
Back to top Go down
WildWind
Alpha
Alpha
WildWind

Female
Rat Libra

A lookout Empty
PostSubject: Re: A lookout   A lookout Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 2:34 am

"Nothin' but birds and mice, heh, not counting Alranta and Azu." Alronto smiled, hearing some noises himself. "Hey, you hear that? It sounds like somebody else is here after all. A breeze brought a shiver up Alranta's spine, she quickly changed into a young, tawny, back-end spotted fawn. She wobbly walked over to Alronto, still a bit unused to walking as a four-legged animal. She tripped a bit, but picked back up on pace. "Hey, Alronto, I think they're not far away either, or it isn't that far away." Alronto turned his attention to her, then back to Glacier. "Excuse me for a bit?" Alronto said, standing up and walking to the edge of the mountain side. He peeked down and over the edge, and quickly turned back to the others, Alranta who had trotted to his side was beside him. Theres somebody down here," he said, making sure the other wolf couldn't hear. Alranta lowered her ears, walking to the edge and peeking over herself. She hurriedly scurried back to Alronto and changed into a bluebird once more; Flapping her wings and getting up into the sky. She flew down to the other wolf and it's Anima, Alronto a bit confused. 'What are you doing now?' He sighed, awaiting her answer. 'I'm seeing how many are there.. One, two.. Only two! A wolf and his Anima!' Alranta replied, singing another happy and peaceful song to the duo below. Alranta fluttered back up to the others, landing on Alronto's head and in between his ears. "Alranta says there's only one, and it's Anima."
Back to top Go down
shadowwolf445
Alpha
Alpha

Male
Horse Aries

A lookout Empty
PostSubject: Re: A lookout   A lookout Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 4:14 am

Hackle covered her ears with her paw "gezzz whats that rack it".

"just because you can't sing hackle that dosn't give you the right to talk about others" Hackle changed into a bluejay "what do you know 'm going to give that bird a piece of my mind" she flew up the mountain where she saw the bird. but to her surpirse there was two other wolves with the bird. "uh Sai i think i could use some help." Sai climbed up to where Hackle was and saw to wolves and their animas. "see what happens when you run off without thinking?" Sai faced the wolves and greeted them with a nod " sorry if Hackle caused you any trouble she can be a real pest sometimes."
Back to top Go down
Morgan
Beta
Beta
Morgan

Female
Dog Aries

A lookout Empty
PostSubject: Re: A lookout   A lookout Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 5:22 am

Glacier padded over next to Alronto and peeered over the edge where he did. She quickly stumbled backward and almost tripped on her tail. The wolf reached their ledge and climbed up. " Glacier trotted over, feeling a little more welcoming since Alronto's appearance. She sniffed the air near him, then wagged her tail a little. " Welcome to... my ledge? Well hello, I'm Glacier, that little mouse over is Azarius. This is Alronto and Alranta." She motioned over to the small group, where Azu was now creeping over to Alranta and watching Glacier carefully from that distance. 'How do you know this wolf won't attack?' He sent her a silent message. 'Well, I don't but what reason could he have to attack us? Plus, he's probably tired from that climb, I should see if I can find food for any of these wolves...' She shot back at him. He rolled his eyes a little then finanly bounded over to sit next to her.
Back to top Go down
WildWind
Alpha
Alpha
WildWind

Female
Rat Libra

A lookout Empty
PostSubject: Re: A lookout   A lookout Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 6:49 am

Alranta turned back to the wolf and his Anima, chirping happily again. Alronto turned to them too, walking closer than the others. "Hi there, passing through too I presume?" He asked, a bit of laughter in his voice. He looked to the others, from Glacier to Azu. "Hey, are you two hungry? And if you are, stranger, I'd be apliged to get you a bite to eat." He said, closing his eyes and turnng his head to the newcomers. "Anywho, I'm gonna get somethin' ta eat." Alronto looked forward, opening his eyes again, he padded on down the path, slowly working his way down the mountain. Alranta followed quickly, not a word to be said. She flapped her wings and carefully flew around him.
Back to top Go down
Morgan
Beta
Beta
Morgan

Female
Dog Aries

A lookout Empty
PostSubject: Re: A lookout   A lookout Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 7:02 am

Glacier stood with her tail hanging motionless behind her. She watched Alronto turn down the path and almost picked up her paws to follow, but Azarius was a cat again and looked up at her from between her front legs, silently telling her 'They aren't your pack, I'm not sure you should follow them, that male wolf looks stronger than you are, and you never know what could happen.' She let out a huff of air in agitation then turned her head back to the other wolf and padded over to him. "Is there anything you need? You hungry? I know I would after climbing this mountain." She said, peering over the edge and spotting Alronto and Alranto making their way back down. She jumped back and trotted to the back of her cave where the half-eaten remains of a small goat were laying. she picked them up and trotted back into the sun and layed it down in front of the other wolf, then wordlessly trotted back to her lookout ledge. Azar was a mouse again, watching Hackle curiously, yet cautiously.
Back to top Go down
shadowwolf445
Alpha
Alpha

Male
Horse Aries

A lookout Empty
PostSubject: Re: A lookout   A lookout Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 12:52 am

Sai wacthed as Alronto and Aranta climbed down the mountain. Hackle landed on the ground and changed back into a Hyena "if that wolf wasn't there i would of told that bird off" Sai sighed and shook his head "would yiu give it a rest i told you to try and be nice." Sai walked over to where Glacier was " thank you, you name is Sai and thats Hackle my anima, she can be a little well..... i better not say." Hackle headbutted Sai on the leg making him stumble a little "i hear you talking about me why don't you say it while i'm right here."

"Hackle why don't you just go eat the food this wolf was nice enough to bring out for us"

"fine but i'm not savin you none"

"whatever Hackle just go"
Back to top Go down
Morgan
Beta
Beta
Morgan

Female
Dog Aries

A lookout Empty
PostSubject: Re: A lookout   A lookout Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 10:32 pm

Glacier shifted her position so she was sitting facing the wolf and the two animas. " Hello Sai, Nice to meet you and your anima. " She laughed a little. Hackle seemed the opposite of her own anima, Azarius who never would act rude to anyone and was usually reserved. "That little mouse right there is Azarius, my anima. He's a quiet little guy but can get annoying sometimes too." She looked down at him and smiled. He looked shy for a moment then climbed up her front leg and was up by her ears in a few second, grooming his tail and feet.
Back to top Go down
shadowwolf445
Alpha
Alpha

Male
Horse Aries

A lookout Empty
PostSubject: Re: A lookout   A lookout Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 9:45 am

Sai watched Hackle as she ran over to the food Glacier brought then truned back to face Glacier. it'ts nice to meet you too, and trust me no one is more annoying then Hackle but. its because of her i was able to get through the first few years of my life."
Back to top Go down
Morgan
Beta
Beta
Morgan

Female
Dog Aries

A lookout Empty
PostSubject: Re: A lookout   A lookout Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 9:08 pm

Glacier shrugged as she looked at Hackle. " Well maybe he is but that doesnt stop me from messin with little Azu" She said and laughed a little, while Azarius looked upside down at her from the top of her head. Hearing Sai talk about his early years of life, she spoke up," I wouldn't mind a story. How is it that he helped you then?" She asked. A chilly breeze carried the smell of rain as it ruffled their pelts. " Ya know, first come on inside this cave, I think it might rain." She said and got up and trotted towards the shelter of the rocks, just as small darked spots began appearing on the rocks outside.
Back to top Go down
shadowwolf445
Alpha
Alpha

Male
Horse Aries

A lookout Empty
PostSubject: Re: A lookout   A lookout Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 10:26 pm

(Hackle is a she lol)

Sai chuckled a little. "well ok i guess i could tell you a little about me, Hackle loves this story" he turned to face Hackle and called out to her " come Hackle its about to rain" Hackle stopped eating in looked up at Sai "awww come on i'm not done yet" Sai sighed "just come on Hackle that other wolf is lookin for food you can just wait until he gets back" Hackle took one last bite and ran pass Sai into the shelter. Sai turned and padded into the shelter of rocks, he found a spot to sit down and waited for Glacier so he could tell his story.
Back to top Go down
WildWind
Alpha
Alpha
WildWind

Female
Rat Libra

A lookout Empty
PostSubject: Re: A lookout   A lookout Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 10:32 pm

Alronto had finally made it back up the mountain, dragging the elf cow a long with him. He set it down and took a breather before continuing up. He looked around, seeing the others we're inside the cave, he walked in and dropped the carcass on the ground. Alranta had helped him drag it, and she sat down with her tail curled around her fore paws neatly, she was tired. "Dig in!" Alronto yelled, Alranta rolling her eyes. "I headed for a calf, but ended up with this cow." He explained, walking into the cave some more.
Back to top Go down
Morgan
Beta
Beta
Morgan

Female
Dog Aries

A lookout Empty
PostSubject: Re: A lookout   A lookout Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 12:57 am

Glacier followed them in and layed down on the dusty dry floor, but a few seconds after she layed down Alronto was back with his catch. " Amazing, you two caught that by yourselves?" Azarius leapt from her head and was a white cat by the time he hit the ground. He padded over to the Carcass, sniffed it and raced back to Glacier to cuddle next to her.'Smells good.' 'I'm not hungry yet' She said to Azar silently. " Sai was about to tell us a bit about himself." Glacier said to Alronto, and Azar nodded to Alranta.
Back to top Go down
shadowwolf445
Alpha
Alpha

Male
Horse Aries

A lookout Empty
PostSubject: Re: A lookout   A lookout Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 6:38 am

"welcome back thats quite the catch." said Sai. Hackle jumped in the air and ran over to the cow "its about time i'm starvin." "but Hackle you just ate..... never mind just eat. ok but before i start have any of you heard of the hero Battosai."
Back to top Go down
Morgan
Beta
Beta
Morgan

Female
Dog Aries

A lookout Empty
PostSubject: Re: A lookout   A lookout Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 10:13 pm

( if i read correct, none of the wolves on this island remember their ancestors at all, it was in WW's story but i'll go along)

Glacier titled her head a bit, the name of Battosai seemed fimilar, and she thought her grandparent might have mentioned a name like that when she was a pup. " I don't know. I've never heard about him, exept his name might have been mentioned by my old family." She replied to Sai. Azar was piling dirt up into a pile as a mouse, and was creating something softer to lay on.
Back to top Go down
shadowwolf445
Alpha
Alpha

Male
Horse Aries

A lookout Empty
PostSubject: Re: A lookout   A lookout Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 5:36 am

(yeah your right my bad)

Sai was a little releaved when Glacier said she really didn't know him. he was tired about hearing about him " the elders of my pack tell me i'm his great great great grandson. i'll start from when i was born. my mother told me when i was first born all the members of my pack crowded around me because i looked just like him.

The elders of my pack thought that this was some kind of sign that the land was in need of another hero so they named me after him. as soon as i was able to walk the elders made me train day and night while my brothers and sisters lead normal lives. i would have went out of my mind if it wasn't for Hackle. all of her cazy antics kept me going, she just always knew how to cheer me up. just recently i ran from my pack i was just so tired of all the training and hearing of how i would step into his pawprints on day.

"but i'm not like that, i'm no hero and i don't want to be one i just want to live my life the way i see fit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A lookout Empty
PostSubject: Re: A lookout   A lookout Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A lookout
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wolves of the Dawn :: Archives :: 2008 Archives-
Jump to: