Wolves of the Dawn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Birth of the Adala Pack

Go down 
+2
Yellowstar
Sporelett
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Sporelett
Zeta
Sporelett

Female
Rooster Scorpio

Pet : The Birth of the Adala Pack 13530

The Birth of the Adala Pack Empty
PostSubject: The Birth of the Adala Pack   The Birth of the Adala Pack Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 11:16 pm

The woods rustled and sang around her as the wolf made her way though the shadowy undergrowth. The air, light and warm, offered a myriad of scents for her sensitive nose to analyze as the sun blazed in tiny specks on her silvery pelt. Raising her proud head, the wolf scented the air and drew in the aromas of the woods around her. The heavy odor of leaf litter and soil mixed with the fresh scent of growing plants and the musk of the many animals that had passed that way, almost intoxicating in its richness. This territory was in the prime of its existence, thick with growing things and the animals that fed on them. One pale silver ear twitched; a waterfall could be clearly heard behind the protective cloak of trees. The wolf didn't need to see it to know that it tumbled into a pool that was both wide and shallow, and warm from the sun that burned overhead. She could smell it in the damp air that drifted through the woods towards her.

Waving her black-tipped tail once, the wolf continued through the trees toward the sound, her slender, silver and white form sliding easily through the ferns. Pushing through a clump of bracken, she settled her sky-blue gaze on the source of the noise. Clear, crystalline water flowed over a rocky cliff and into the wide, blue-green pool below. Flicking her eyes away from the waterfall, the wolf saw a broad river moving away from the lagoon to disappear deeper into the forest. With the entire territory nourished by the life-giving river, it was no wonder that it was so lush and verdant. Padding out of the cover of the trees, the wolf crossed the short distance over lush green grass to the water's edge and lapped a few experimental mouthfuls of water. The taste that flooded her mouth was cool and clear. A low call drifted from somewhere in the trees, and the wolf turned her head. She had no trouble locating the dappled, tawny owl that was nestled on a shadowy branch. Her eyes went to him immediately, as if she had already known that he was there.

"What are you thinking?" the owl queried coolly. His golden eyes blinked slowly, making him look almost bored. The wolf smiled, though. She knew he cared more than he let on.

"You know me well enough to guess, Cene," she replied, turning her gaze back to the paradise of water and sun before her. "We have traveled for seasons, searching for a place to call our own. I can think of no better one than this."

"Are you sure you're up to the challenge of starting your own pack?"

"You know I am." Looking briefly back at the bird, she raised one snowy brow at him. "You wouldn't want me to join another pack anyway, so really it's the only choice left."

Whirling, the silver wolf suddenly disappeared into the ferns that surrounded the pool and loped through the forest while her companion followed closely. In a moment the owl appeared on a branch above the waterfall that flowed into the pool, and the wolf strode out of the shadows below him. Standing on the cliff, she raised her head to the blazing sky and howled a challenge to the world.

I claim this land as my own. The Adala Pack now rules these woods.
Back to top Go down
http://s3.invisionfree.com/Possibilities/index.php
Yellowstar
Pup
Pup
Yellowstar

Female
Rooster Leo

PostSubject: Re: The Birth of the Adala Pack   The Birth of the Adala Pack Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 12:34 am

(I'm pretty sure the claim has to be accepted. But I'm allowed to post here too, right? o-o)

Walking for most of the day was something he was used to. As a wanderer, he usually went on for days in search of a place to stay, and left when he was chased out by the resident wolves or when he got bored of the place. Through the green canopy above he saw that the sun was still high in the sky. He hadn't been walking for long since he started out at dawn. It had been pure chance that he stumbled across this forest, and the plentiful, life-sustaining land put him in a good mood. The cheerful wolf looked around him, taking in the wonderful sights and smells that were hard to come by on barren ground that he often trekked across.

Perking his ears at the sound of rushing water ahead, the dark gray wolf picked up a faster pace through the woods. Strong, youthful muscles pushed him forward, and his large wings tucked against his side to avoid being snagged and cut by the undergrowth. His lifelong companion, currently in her usual traveling form of a sleek red-furred fox, sprinted after him. For a few moments he closed his eyes and enjoyed the feeling of running, wishing his wings would allow him to fly. Maybe they would, however he had never tried it himself nor saw another winged wolf in the air.

They came to the edge of the forest and Smoke squinted at the bright sunlight. He looked out at wide pool of water stretched out before him. Glancing up he saw a rushing waterfall spilling into the lagoon. He breathed in and scented the lush foresty smell touched with the scent of fresh water. This was such a beautiful place. Full of prey and water, and warm and peaceful. He certainly wouldn't mind staying here. As long as there aren't any other wolves in the area, his Anima added to his thoughts. That was right; if there were wolves already either they probably wouldn't want to share this lovely place, he thought, and his hope slumped a little.

As if answering him, a sudden howl called out, very close from where he could hear.

Someone found this place before us. Flame's voice sounded in his head at the same time that he heard the howl. Smoke lifted his gaze to the direction he heard the noise. Standing on the top of the cliff, looking powerful and majestic at the same time, was a silver-colored she-wolf. She was the one claiming this land? He thought in wonder. Watching her quietly, his eyes stuck on her, he was lost in thought.

Let's leave, now. Flame told him, and he hesitated. This place was perfect, with everything they could ask for, and another wolf was claiming to start a pack. Would she object if he wanted to join? Smoke wasn't sure if he could take any more wandering on his own, now that he witnessed this place. He wanted to stay.

Flame tensed, sensing his thoughts.
Back to top Go down
shadowwolf445
Alpha
Alpha

Male
Horse Aries

Pet : The Birth of the Adala Pack Th_---
name:Delila
specis:fox

PostSubject: Re: The Birth of the Adala Pack   The Birth of the Adala Pack Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 12:57 am

Claim accepted, and no you not really supposed too XD but i won't make you stop since you have already made such a nice post carry on if you want.
Back to top Go down
Snowest
Beta
Beta
Snowest

Female
Pet : The Birth of the Adala Pack BPz4
Name: Night

PostSubject: Re: The Birth of the Adala Pack   The Birth of the Adala Pack Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 2:52 am

(Nothing wrong really with rping in this topic, i think Kovo shall come for a visit)

Kovo was rolling in the musty smelling leaves around him. He liked the way they smelled, and the way they felt rubbing against his pelt. Kuva watched him from a tree above him, her tabby fur standing out against the dark foilage. She laughed as Kovo caught a shred of leaf in his nose and sneezed, face alight with surprize. There was really no way Kuva was going to join him, for rolling the leaves was a silly childish thing, but she wanted to. The fear waited at the corners of her mind, and Kuva was selfishly glad that she didn't have it as bad as Kovo. As if sensing her thoughts, which was probally true, Kovo looked up at her, his face sad. Fear danced in his eyes.

Suddenly a howl rose above the trees. It asaulted their ears, causing mixed reations. For them both there was joy, the prospect of company! But also saddness that this wonderfull fertile land was being claimed. Kovo rose, leaf bits falling off of his oragne pelt. Kuva jumped down, landing with grace. They looked at each other, the fear that before had been small, rose up in them. It became like a torrent. It had been far too long since company. They would risk being chased out to squash the fear.

Without even a word, they raced twoards the howl, trying to constrain their speed. It was an unushually quiet trek, short as it was. Anima and wolf stoped as the saw the figure. It was a female, facing away from them, standing at the edge of a cliff. The fear abated a little, but they still had to be closer, to speak to the wolf. It overode the lesser fear of approaching the wolf.

Stepping forward, Kovo laid his ears back and droped to his belly. He crawled forward noisily, stopping two yards away from the wolf. His tail tucked under his belly, Kovo waited for her to notice him. Kuva, as a mouse hid in his neck fur, trembling. Everything seemed deathly quiet to Kovo. He didn't know how to approach an alpha. He prayed that he had done it right. If she chased them off, not only would he be wounded and have nowhere to go, but the fear would rush in again. Kuva cursed the fear in her head, it had them in its grip, and she knew it would never let go. It would always complicate things. Forcing them to always want to be near another wolf, then visiously attacking them if they left.

There was really no way either of them could see how they could live wandering around all their life alone without going insane.
Back to top Go down
Sporelett
Zeta
Sporelett

Female
Rooster Scorpio

PostSubject: Re: The Birth of the Adala Pack   The Birth of the Adala Pack Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 4:39 am

This place is mine. No one hunts here without my leave. Nola howled again, just for punctuation. She could feel Cene's amusement, but there was seriousness, too. Now that they had made the decision, they had to successfully defend this land from any other wolves who disputed their claim. Nola stood on the cliff for another moment, reveling in the power of the moment before she heard pawsteps approaching from behind her. Cene's amber eyes penetrated the gloom of the forest easily, and he silently relayed his observations; she knew even before she turned around that it was a golden, winged male wolf who approached her. Turning, the silver wolf saw for herself who it was that had heard her call and decided to act upon it. It was clear that this was not a challenge to her authority; the lowered posture and tucked tail stated clearly the submission in his approach. The form that his anima chose to take was just as telling. From where he sat, perched on a shaded branch over Nola's head, Cene could easily see the tiny mouse quivering in the wolf's fur.

Gazing directly at the tawny wolf, she padded slowly towards him, curiosity lingering in her eyes. Her steps were slow and confident; her head and tail were high. This was the first wolf that she had met in this territory - no, her territory. Inwardly she felt just as much caution as interest. She was so young... how would she know how to lead, how to defend a territory and rule on the decisions of the others who hunted there? But determination burned inside her as well. She had made her choice. She had to push her uncertainty aside and do what she felt was best. Hopefully those choices would be the right ones. So Nola showed no hesitation when she approached the other wolf. Striding up to him, she looked calmly down and studied him for a moment before she spoke. Cene gave a low hoot from his position in the tree, making his presence clear and his support known.

"Greetings, newcomer," she said coolly. "My name is Nola. You have heard my call; none may hunt here who do so without my consent. State your purpose. I intend to follow through with my claim, so if you wish to hunt here then you will have to accept my lead, or else fight me for the right to do so. I guarantee you that it is a fight you would not win." As she spoke, a light breeze began softly to blow, rustling the newly-budded leaves on the trees and ruffling the fur of the wolves who were present. Nola's eyes were steady and confident, but her muscles were tense. She was a lone wolf making a claim to this land. She had no kin to back her up should this newcomer wish to challenge her, only herself and her anima. Though submissive in appearance, she guessed that it would be no easy task to defeat an adult wolf larger than herself. But she did have her power, and her will. She may have been small, but there was no way that she was relinquishing her claim without an honest effort. And she was tougher than she looked.
Back to top Go down
Snowest
Beta
Beta
Snowest

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Birth of the Adala Pack   The Birth of the Adala Pack Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 6:33 am

Kovo shivered as he scrunched his body on the ground. The leaves on his fur didnt smell so good anymore. Kuva burrowed deeper, she could feel eyes on her. Kovo looked aside as the alpha strode up to him. Her gait was cofindent, her head and tail were high. There was an owl near by, this caused Kuva to have second thoughts about her choice of form.

"Greetings, newcomer," she said. "My name is Nola. You have heard my call; none may hunt here who do so without my consent. State your purpose. I intend to follow through with my claim, so if you wish to hunt here then you will have to accept my lead, or else fight me for the right to do so. I guarantee you that it is a fight you would not win."

What now? Kovo didnt know how to join a pack, or even ask. So he roled over, exposing his belly and said, "May I join your pack? Please? We're so alone.." He pettered out. What if she didnt let them?
Back to top Go down
Sporelett
Zeta
Sporelett

Female
Rooster Scorpio

PostSubject: Re: The Birth of the Adala Pack   The Birth of the Adala Pack Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 7:56 am

Standing over the new wolf, Nola stared him down to make sure he didn't get any thoughts about challenging her. Around her, the air calmed and the wind died as she let her control go. So, this wolf truly wanted to join her pack? He wasn't her kin, but she couldn't build a pack all by herself. Letting the hard edge fade from her eyes, the silver wolf lowered her head and nudged the other wolf in the shoulder. She could sense Cene's disapproval coming in waves from behind her, but he wouldn't argue with her about something as important as this, especially not in front of another wolf. Besides, he could see the logic in accepting the other wolf's company. A pack of one was no pack at all. "Well, get up then," Nola ordered amiably. "You're of no use to anyone flat on your back. What's your name? I can't just call you 'wolf' all the time."

"I am called Cene," her anima put in from his position in the tree. Nola sent a wave of gratitude towards him for trying to be polite, even though she knew he wasn't fond of the idea of accepting strangers into their pack. He knew that she needed his support right now; the first stages of building the pack were the most important. She could either gather a strong group of wolves around her to lead and be her support, or she could lose control and be run off of her own territory. She and her partner both were determined for it to be the first, and not the second, that happened to them. But only time - and effort - would tell if they would be able to pull it off.

OoC// Yucky. X_x Short post.
Back to top Go down
kitty
Pup
Pup
kitty

Female
Pig Capricorn

PostSubject: Re: The Birth of the Adala Pack   The Birth of the Adala Pack Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 5:47 am

((I believe my lovely little Eva shall come in here, too. ^^

First attempt at wolf RPing! 8D))

The best thing in the whole world was going for a swim.

For this particular gray wolf, at least. She was just swimming underwater, her ability to breathe in water becoming very useful as she used now-webbed paws to paddle down to the bottom and flip and spin. The waterfall was crashing down into the pool. After being underwater for quite a while she resurfaced and began swimming towards the river's shore. That's when she heard the howl.

The worst thing in the world was having your swim interrupted by a wolf claiming the area for her pack.

"Eva!" her anima, Finn, called. "A wolf has claimed these lands as her own. If you do not wish to join her, I would suggest returning underwater and stay there until I give you the all-clear. She's only above the waterfall."

Eva debated for a couple moments, ducking briefly back under the surface of the blue-gray pool. She and Finn had lived in the forest near the river for a few seasons now, but she'd never felt the need to claim the area for a pack. A couple reasons were behind this motivation. One, she did not enjoy the presence of other wolves as some did. Two, she did not feel she was ready to lead a pack of her own. Three, would and wolves even join it? And finally, she didn't know how to claim the place!

She came to her decision. If she and Finn were to live here peacefully with the pack as their neighbors, she would need to talk to the new pack leader about it. Dreading the coming confrontation, she resurfaced and swam to the rivershore. Finn was there, in his squirrel form, shaking his head at her.

As Eva made her way towards the direction of the howl, she heard his voice coming from behind her. "Don't push her, Eva. We can leave very easily."

"No," the gray wolf growled. "I must do this."

Last edited by kitty on Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:49 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling errors that were annoying me.)
Back to top Go down
Yellowstar
Pup
Pup
Yellowstar

Female
Rooster Leo

PostSubject: Re: The Birth of the Adala Pack   The Birth of the Adala Pack Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 6:55 am

Don't think about it. We're leaving. Flame repeated.

Smoke glanced up the cliff, squinting his dark eyes as he tried to see the other wolf. It seemed as if she had turned and moved away from the edge, although he didn't know why she had. For a brief moment the breeze stirred his gray fur and then subsided.

Answer me! Her voice sounded in his head again and he looked at her to see her red-furred coat bristling. He blinked innocently back at her, silently pleading. I want to stay.

You act like a pup! She exclaimed, a growl vibrating in her throat. Smoke's eyes widened for a brief moment, and Flame calmed down. Instead, she took a step back, and then another. She was going to keep walking backward until he had to follow her, taking advantage of their inseparable link.

Smoke sat down on the ground, sweeping his tail back and forth over the grass. I want to join a pack.

I won't let you. She took another few steps back and suddenly they both felt a small stab of pain. It was concentrated in the chest and slowly the pain grew more intense. Grinding his teeth, Smoke looked at Flame wth a pleading look. The fox was reluctant, but at last decreased the distance between them. Smoke breathed out with relief.

Flame didn't say anything more. Smoke looked out at the lagoon and suddenly saw a wolf appear from under the water. How long had she been there, he wondered? He watched as she came to the shore and heard her say something he assumed was to her anima. Was she going to join the pack, too? Smoke felt a rush of joy. There was going to be a pack after all! Flame felt his happiness and sighed in frustration.

"Where are you going?" Smoke called out to the she-wolf and began to pad over to her, Flame following behind.
Back to top Go down
kitty
Pup
Pup
kitty

Female
Pig Capricorn

PostSubject: Re: The Birth of the Adala Pack   The Birth of the Adala Pack Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 7:39 am

We've got company, Finn warned from his place behind Eva.

Eva's tail flicked. Her wolf ears had already caught that. I know that, smart one, she responded rather sarcastically. He must have heard her talk to her anima. Stupid, stupid, stupid. What was the use of thoughts if she didn't use them? Finn obviously did. But she was so used to it being only her here in the forest near the river and lagoon that she hadn't needed to bother with such things.

Stupid, stupid, stupid. She'd lived in the forest for seasons, encoutering no others except for the occasional passer-bys. But it seemed as if every wolf in the whole of Mitane were crossing through. And most seemed to plan on staying for a while. She felt like banging her head on a tree. IN all the time she'd lived there, it had only occasionally ocurred to her that she should claim the land, but she hadn't wanted to, not really. And what happens? The first wolf to set paw in the place likes it and what do you know? her little world for herself is gone, just like that.

Eva pretended like she hadn't noticed this winged newcomer or his anima and instead kept walking.

Until he called out to her, that it.

And then she felt the urge to bang her head on a tree again.

Slowly, she turned to face the wolf. A male. Males were larger than females. She was likely to be overpowered if her decided to fight, if she couldn't make it to the river, that is. But he seemed to cheery and kind to attack. What to do, what to do? Flee or wait? Taking a deep breath, she made her decision.

Eva, why can't you just leave the strange wolves alone? Its bad enough you're going to go talk to that she-wolf that's just claimed the area, but now this? Please, just keep going.

Finn! the she-wolf groaned. You're making this hard on me. I don't like these newcomers any more than you do, or losing or home, but apparently I'm going to have to talk to this wolf, too. Bear with me, please!

Finn only made a few more muttered complaints, and instead fixed her with a pleading stare, gazing at her with wide eyes. Eva did her best to ignore him and faced the new wolf.

"I am going to make peace with the new pack," she said finally, after looking him over and assessing her chances of escape should her suddenly turn on her. There was about a 50-50 chance. After all, she was made for water, not land, although she could function just fine here, too. Water was her domain, though. She could get everything she wanted from it. Fish for food, water to drink. She could even live underneath it, if she so desired. But she preferred land-sleeping.

"State your business," she said in a near-menacing tone.
Back to top Go down
Snowest
Beta
Beta
Snowest

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Birth of the Adala Pack   The Birth of the Adala Pack Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 8:30 am

A burst of warm feelings went through Kovo when the wolf nudged him. He smiled, the fear was almost gone now, more so than it had ever been. The alpha was being freindly, she must be about the let them in her pack! Kovo thought.

"You're of no use to anyone flat on your back. What's your name? I can't just call you 'wolf' all the time."

Kovo got up slowly, still scrunched close to the ground. His wings ached from being tucked in so long. He hesitated shortly, but then feeling brave in the absence of the fear he answered her, "My names Kovo, nice to meet you! Kuva is hiding in my fur, shes shy." He added as an after thought.

It felt so good! He was talking to another wolf, and it was a girl, and she was being freindly, and- Kuva stoped his rambling thoughts, telling him to focus. Kovo sniffed the air, inhaling the scents around him. The scent of the alpha was overpowering, he decided that he liked her smell. It smelled like the wind.
"Could we join?" Kovo asked again, his voice cheery.

Kuva no longer hid. She was now perched on Kovo's paw. She reveled in the warm feeling of company. Like Kovo, she found herself feeling light, as if she were filled with air. It had been so long since the last time she had felt like this, it was great! A smile crept up on her face.
Back to top Go down
Chaoswolf
Pup
Pup
Chaoswolf

Female
Monkey Aries

Pet : The Birth of the Adala Pack SZKc
Name: Forest

PostSubject: Re: The Birth of the Adala Pack   The Birth of the Adala Pack Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 7:01 pm

The large gold and black wolf walked confidently throughout the lands. He had just caught a rather large rabbit, and while he perferred deer, the rabbit meat was rather delicious as well. Ernsta cawed overhead, before the first howl was even made. Both stood, attentive as they listened to the she-wolf's call. Berend chuckled. That wolfess sounded so audacious but from here she seemed small. She had claimed this land? He'd never seen a female leading a pack before, and it was interesting that he should have the luck to see one begin a pack.

Let's go, Ernsta growled, in her eagle-hawk form, her fierce golden beak gleaming. We'll show her not to claim our lands!

Berend rolled his eyes. "I already told you. I have no attention on claiming these lands, or starting a Pack. She wants it; she can have it."

Ernsta's feathers ruffled around her neck. Did you just hear that! She's saying we can't hunt here!

Berend shrugged. "She can't enforce it anyway. Besides, I would't mind having her for a leader, if you catch my drift."

Ernsta glared with her beady eyes. This is no joke, Berend. You should handle this now, before she causes trouble!

Berend sat contently, still having his meal.

OOC: XD Everyone's hitting on Nola. Not serious of course, but it is what Berend would say.

Last edited by Chaoswolf on Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sporelett
Zeta
Sporelett

Female
Rooster Scorpio

PostSubject: Re: The Birth of the Adala Pack   The Birth of the Adala Pack Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 2:04 am

OoC// Haha, Yoko! XD Well, it is true that so far the wolves considering joining her pack largely (if not entirely) consist of males.

Gazing calmly down at the golden male wolf, Nola felt her worries ease and her muscles relax somewhat. Her ears and tail were still held erect in the standard position of dominance - a position that she would have to learn to get used to - but her tail was waving lazily with confidence and her eyes no-longer resembled chips of ice. She was on her way to building herself a real pack, and claiming her own territory. Sure, she had proclaimed her presence there and stated her intention to claim it for herself, but there wasn't a lot that one wolf could do to keep other packs from moving in should they happen by. There still wasn't much she could do, but perhaps now she would be in a better position to discourage any lone wolves that came sniffing around. Grinning an easy wolf grin, ((If showing teeth is considered aggressive, please tell me now because I don't want to be sending mixed signals. >.<)) Nola nodded at Kovo at his question, glad that he seemed to be a friendly, relaxed sort of wolf once he didn't have to worry about being chased out of the forest.

"You're welcome to hunt with me," she said amiably. "After all, no wolf can start a pack by themselves." Noticing a shift in her anima's attention, Nola looked at him questioningly. Cene was staring into the forest with unblinking golden eyes. "What is it?" she asked him, wondering what he sensed that she did not. After a moment he flicked his tawny eyes down to hers, moving them only briefly to Kovo and Kuva before looking back at his partner.

"There are wolves in the forest nearby," he replied eventually. "A male and a female, coming this way. They're heading up the slope from the lagoon." Surprised, Nola slid her eyes back to the trees, wondering if she would see moving shapes within them. Her own eyes spied nothing but for bare trunks dappled with golden drips of sunlight, but then, Cene's eyes were significantly sharper than hers. Lifting her head to the wind, she drew in a lungful of air and realized that she could indeed scent other wolves. At first she hadn't noticed them, thinking them to be part of Kovo's scent, for she was not familiar with it yet. But now that she was paying attention, it was clear to her that the two of them were not alone by the pool.

"It seems that there is something else that requires my attention," she observed mildly. Turning to Kovo, she studied him for a moment, wondering briefly that to do about him. In the end she decided that he was a member of her pack now, and the sooner they both got used to it, the better. "You'd best come with," she told him. "I've no particular love of quarreling with other wolves, but this land belongs to my pack now, and that must be made clear to everyone who comes this way."
Back to top Go down
Chaoswolf
Pup
Pup
Chaoswolf

Female
Monkey Aries

Pet : The Birth of the Adala Pack SZKc
Name: Forest

PostSubject: Re: The Birth of the Adala Pack   The Birth of the Adala Pack Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 8:36 pm

Berend licked his lips and cleaned his paws as he finished his meal, by the time he looked up again the wolfess was off of the slope. On her way to greet her new subjects, I suppose. He wouldn't mind seeing that either. He scraped some dirt over the remains of the rabbit. Ignoring Ernsta's constant urges to attack the she-wolf, Berend simply kept his distance and moved nearer to the other she-wolf, who also apparently wanted to meet this claimer of lands. He wondered how it would be to live in a Pack. Families were like small packs, he had been told, but without as much complication in ranks. What would he be ranked? WOuld he even be allowed in, or would he be seen as a threat? Ernsta interrupted his thoughts.

You're considering WHAT?!

But it was too late. He dipped his head to Nola, "The name's Berend. I take it you claimed these lands?" When he knew for certain already that she had.
Back to top Go down
Sporelett
Zeta
Sporelett

Female
Rooster Scorpio

PostSubject: Re: The Birth of the Adala Pack   The Birth of the Adala Pack Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 12:19 am

OoC// Is no one else going to post here? I want to give everyone else an opportunity to go before I post again. =/
Back to top Go down
Snowest
Beta
Beta
Snowest

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Birth of the Adala Pack   The Birth of the Adala Pack Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 3:43 am

When the alpha, Nola, nodded to his question, Kovo stood up straight quickly. He grinned widely at Nola. He was about to thank her, but Kuva cut him off, "Thankyou!We will be good, we promise!" Kovo nodded with her.

Finnaly Kovo stretched his wings, easing out the kinks and casting off the leaf bits still stuck to his fur. This felt almost as good as no longer being afraid! Kuva, back in her favorite cat form, rubbed against Kovo's legs. Then they were both distracted by Nola saying,

"You'd best come with," she told them. "I've no particular love of quarreling with other wolves, but this land belongs to my pack now, and that must be made clear to everyone who comes this way."

"Okay!" Kovo said cheerily. Suddenly another wolf walked up to them and asked if Nola had claimed this area.

"Of course she did! You better not be here to steal it!" Kovo said as if it were the most obvious thing in the world. But he did not look at the other wolf in anger, but in curiosity. Kuva watched from under Kovo.
Back to top Go down
kitty
Pup
Pup
kitty

Female
Pig Capricorn

PostSubject: Re: The Birth of the Adala Pack   The Birth of the Adala Pack Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 8:59 pm

/ooc/
I'm waiting for Yellow.
Back to top Go down
Sporelett
Zeta
Sporelett

Female
Rooster Scorpio

PostSubject: Re: The Birth of the Adala Pack   The Birth of the Adala Pack Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 5:43 am

OoC// *raegs* Yellow! D< The next time I see her... but oh well. The show must go on, Yellow or not.

Nola scented the air, trying to poinpoint the scent that was drifting from upwind. She thought she caught traces of two wolves nearby, but as she moved down the slope into the forest, the scent faded. Frowning with concentration she looked around with intent eyes while Cene did the same. It was he who noticed the other wolf first, but he didn't need to say anything, as she noticed him herself a fraction of a second later. Turning to face the newcomer, she watched him calmly as he approached, her blue eyes expressing no fear despite his large, powerful stature. Looking momentarily at Kovo, she flashed an irritated look his way. It was the alpha's job to speak for a pack. Newcomers were always better dealt with by the group's leader.

"You would be right," she conceded after her newest packmate had quieted. "I have decided to live here from now on and start a pack." She blinked slowly; this wolf was no idiot. He would already have known that she had claimed this territory as her own. That meant that there were only two reasons that he would be here. Leveling her icy gaze at him, she prepared herself for either outcome. "This forest is plentiful enough for now, but it won't stay that way if I allow any passing wolf to hunt on my territory. I cannot allow idle loners to continue to stay here."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Birth of the Adala Pack   The Birth of the Adala Pack Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Birth of the Adala Pack
Page 1 of 1