Wolves of the Dawn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wandering

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Snowest
Beta
Beta
Snowest

Female
Pet : Wandering BPz4
Name: Night

Wandering Empty
PostSubject: Wandering   Wandering Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 4:27 am

(Sorry for the small post, but its your turn to start the topic Wink )

Ocean nodded, Kaito was right. It made Ocean happy that Kaito understood. Finnally after ahwile they were at the mountain base.
Back to top Go down
Chaoswolf
Pup
Pup
Chaoswolf

Female
Monkey Aries

Pet : Wandering SZKc
Name: Forest

Wandering Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wandering   Wandering Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 2:26 am

The landscape changed drastically, though Kaito had been too focused on the river to notice at first. The trees were suddenly far more spaced. The grass was a bit more brittle from the frigd mountain air. There were larger expanses of open grassland, and occasionally boulders would protrude like fangs from the yellow grasses.

Raising his muzzle, he caught the stale scents of mountain goat and elk. Kaito briefly wondered how a wolf could hunt here, when everything was so out in the open.

They continued to pad along the river, which was becoming steadily faster in current. After observing the area thoroughly, Kaito grew bored and asked:

"So what is your brother like?"

Tai Li pattered about, running a quick circle behind the wolves and returning to her place beside Arella. It's beautiful, Tai Li said with a grin. Maybe not as nice as the ocean, she conceded. But beautiful all the same.
Back to top Go down
Snowest
Beta
Beta
Snowest

Female

Wandering Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wandering   Wandering Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 4:23 am

Ocean looked about at the landscape. He glanced at Kaito when he spoke. He answered, "It will be night soon, it doesnt look it, but the sky darkens quickly here.I can shr=are a tale of my brother with you when we are in a den." He continued looking. Finnaly he spotted a large rock. Closer inspection revealed a steep overhang creating a cave.

Ocean smiled at Kaito and said, "What about here?"

Arella grinned at Tai, "Yes, it is quite pretty.
Back to top Go down
Chaoswolf
Pup
Pup
Chaoswolf

Female
Monkey Aries

Wandering Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wandering   Wandering Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 3:59 am

Kaito nodded. He wasn't at all exhausted. It was only midday, but the sun had lbegun to sting his skin beneath the silvery fur. He padded in first, Tai Li lightly pattering after him.

The den allowed a considerable amount of light into the den, but the back was still shadowy. Kaito could just make out a large round shape in the darkness. It looked smooth with jagged edges, a rather big boulder perhaps. Disinterested in his surroundings, he made himself comfortable and turned to their companions.

"So what is your brother's name?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
Snowest
Beta
Beta
Snowest

Female

Wandering Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wandering   Wandering Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 6:34 pm

Padding after Kaito Ocean randomly thought if Kaito thought he was tired. But Ocean wasnt, and neither was Arella. He lay down in the cool dust near Kaito and listened to his words. "My brother's name is Skymore. He was greyish blue, but he shared my lightening marks. But he actually had the power of lightining like our mother."

Arella skipped off to where Tai Li was. Paying atention only slightly to Ocean, she whispered to Tai, "Ocean thinks of Kaito as a brother. It will pain him when we must go back. There is a pack who lives here."

Arella's happy demeanor was gone.
Back to top Go down
Chaoswolf
Pup
Pup
Chaoswolf

Female
Monkey Aries

Wandering Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wandering   Wandering Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 12:19 am

Kaito listened attentively and with genuine interest. Again, he thought of Ocean's luck to have a brother, and briefly he wondered what the wolf's father had been like. But he did not interrupt. Awaiting the story to continue.

Tai Li's round ears quivered on hearing this. Really? Kaito's never had a brother. He had some sister's though. So his father... Tai Li lowered her voice and glanced at Kaito. The icy wolf appeared to take no notice, but the otter formed anima knew better than to finish her sentence. Instead she changed the subject.

Well, I think we'll be on Reon for quite a while. He's just learning the island's landscape. I'll be sad if we do leave. But we've seen the other islands so I don't think we will. Anyway, next Kaito will want to travel to the mountain tops, since that's where all the water comes from. We understand if you can't come that far though...
Back to top Go down
Snowest
Beta
Beta
Snowest

Female

Wandering Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wandering   Wandering Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 7:40 am

(We gotta stop this history telling of Ocean's, I cant change from his set history too much. Sorry)

"We were good freinds, as littermates often are. When Mother died we decided on our own way of living. So pretty much, here we are." Ocean grinned sheepishly, what a stupid way to end a story.

"You understand, that you are allways welcome at our home. We would miss you too, but we also, understand." Arella was smiling sadly. It would be so sad if her new freinds went away. From his mind, she knew Ocean was sad too.
Back to top Go down
Chaoswolf
Pup
Pup
Chaoswolf

Female
Monkey Aries

Wandering Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wandering   Wandering Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 1:23 am

OOC: Okay. Plot twist!

BIC: Kaito blinked, it was a short stop but he didn't mind. He wondered what he should say, but his thoughts were broken into by the sound of scuffling in the back of the den. He turned his head slowly, but the boulder was still there, and the scuffling had stopped. Kaito knew better than to shrug such a thing off, but he pretended to and turned back to Ocean.

"Do you think we could travel a bit further today?" Kaito asked. The day was still quite young.

Tai Li beamed at her friend with shiny onyx eyes. Thanks. We'll remember that.

While wondering about the echoing caves, Wrath heard the soft murmur of voices outside. The young ebony pup strained his ears as he tried to determine where they were originating. His anima, Sorrow, heard them as well. She knew exactly what her partner was thinking and shuddered with fear.

Quickly the skunk-formed anima spoke up You shouldn't! Wrath looked back at her with wide ruby eyes. Oh, well....What I mean is....you shouldn't.....cause Yoruichi wouldn't want you to.... Sorrow corrected herself, looking at the tunnel floor and kicking the dirt layer from the stone.

Wrath snorted and whispered, "You're just scared! Grow up."

Sorrow didn't say anything, but decided that at the least, SHE'D stay out of trouble.

The pup turned promptly on his heels and creeped along the winding caves, listening for where the voices were loudest. He was forced to stop when he reached a giant boulder at the cave's end. He pressed his ear hard to the cold stone. What were they saying?

"We were good freinds, as littermates often are. When Mother died we decided on our own way of living. So pretty much, here we are." one voice said.

Suddenly, Sorrow came bounding down the tunnel. She'd gotten scared all alone in the dark, and wanted Wrath to protect her. She skidded to a halt on the sand covered stone. When she finally stopped she found Wrath glaring at her. But neither made a sound. The voices on the other side had seised. They waited, petrified, until finally...

"Do you think we could travel a bit further today?" another voice, a cold one, said.

Sorrow almost sighed, but Wrath knocked her side with a forpaw.

Stupid, the young wolf thought.
Back to top Go down
Snowest
Beta
Beta
Snowest

Female

Wandering Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wandering   Wandering Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 3:45 am

OOC: Is Yoruichi coming too? And from now on I'm adding what your chars say in their color.
Colors:
Ocean/Arella: Dark red
Kaito/Tai: Cyan?
Wrath/Sorrow: Red?

Thanks. We'll remember that.

Arella smiled at Tai as Ocean turned to the scuffling sound.

"Do you think we could travel a bit further today?"

This caused Ocean to shiver slightly. What was there? "Yeah, why not? Its not dark yet." He said softly still staring into the darkness. He felt like something was watching him.

"Lets go." Ocean said as he backed out slowly. Arella cast a glance at the rocks before she followed.
Back to top Go down
Chaoswolf
Pup
Pup
Chaoswolf

Female
Monkey Aries

Wandering Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wandering   Wandering Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 4:33 am

OOC: I don't know. I was thinking of bringing her in when Kaito and Tai Li reached the higher points of Yatito Mountain. But in casr I bring her early, her color is purple. And yes, Kaito/Tai Li is Cyan and Wrath/Sorrow is Red.

BIC: Kaito nodded in agreement and swiftly rose to his paws. Tai Li briskly followed, casting a nervous glance over her shoulder as they left.

The golden sun was high above the mountain and it bathed the yellow grassland below in a brilliant glow. The trees, though scattered, had stretched their leafy arms to provide maximum shade for resting rabbits and other small critters. The tall mountain goats strutted about. Unhunted for a while, Kaito guessed, according to how many he saw.

He scanned the surroundings with his icy blue eyes until he spotted the glittering surface of water. The river's sinuous trail had started from the mountain and Kaito had every intention on getting there. But the mountain was more distant than he'd originally thought. They might not make it before nightfall.

There was a rumbling sound behind him and Kaito paused in his steps to look at his anima. Tai Li scratched the back of her head with her claw and smiled, looking embarassed. Sorry, I'm just a bit hungry.

Wrath listened closely until the pawsteps pounding faded. He sighed. He'd be bored again. For the moment. The ebony pup turned and pattered deeper into the tunnels, disappearing into the darkness. Sorrow, reluctantly followed.
Back to top Go down
Snowest
Beta
Beta
Snowest

Female

Wandering Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wandering   Wandering Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 6:40 pm

ooc: okay. And how come when Tai talks you dont put quotation marks?

Ocean follwed Kaito all the while thinking. What had it been? Was it dangorous? Is it following us? Only something bigger than a rabbit could have made that sound. He thought to himself. Time flew and soon he heard:

Sorry, I'm just a bit hungry.

Arella, who was at this time on Ocean's head, smiled at Tai Li.
"We could all use some food, its late." She stated. Not just for Tai, but for Kaito, Ocean, and herself. Even Ocean could feel the nagging at the bottom of his stomach. But that could just have been his fear for the thing in the overhang.
Back to top Go down
Chaoswolf
Pup
Pup
Chaoswolf

Female
Monkey Aries

Wandering Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wandering   Wandering Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 7:05 pm

Kaito looked at each of his companions. It was true that they had been travelling for a while, and even his own stomach wailed q little at the thought of food.

"Alright, what exactly do you want?" Kaito asked, looking directly at Tai Li, who usually had a craving for some specific prey.

Tai Li smiled and blushed, looking at the ground and scraping it with her little otter claws, as if she were embarassed that he asked.

Well, she murmured. I've never had moutntain goat before.

Kaito blinked. He'd never had to catch a mountain goat before. Curiously, he turnjed to look at one off in the yellow plains. The horns could be problemaatic. It would be more difficult than catching a doe or even a buck. He was sure it was doable though. The icy eyed wolf turned to Ocean.

"Will you help me? I've never had to catch one of those before," Kaito said, in his usual toneless voice.

If it's too much trouble Kaito- Tai Li began, clearly flustered.

"It's not," Kaito replied, still looking at Ocean.

Tai Li still looked unsure. Perhaps she should have asked for something simpler, like a rabbit. She looked at the ground beneath her paws.
Back to top Go down
Snowest
Beta
Beta
Snowest

Female

Wandering Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wandering   Wandering Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 4:45 am

"Alright, what exactly do you want?"
Well, I've never had moutntain goat before.
"Will you help me? I've never had to catch one of those before,"

"Mountain goat, eh? SUre ill help!" Ocean laughed, "Look, theres one now." he pointed his nose at a limping she-goat he had noticed
earlier.

If it's too much trouble Kaito-
"It's not,"

"Mountain goat?" Arella said unsurely, "Those have horns, and they're fast.. We will have to make a trap!" He worried tone fused to a joyfuly deviant tone at the end of her speech.
Back to top Go down
Chaoswolf
Pup
Pup
Chaoswolf

Female
Monkey Aries

Wandering Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wandering   Wandering Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 1:17 am

"Mountain goat, eh? Sure I'll help! Look, theres one now."

Tai Li and Kaito turned at exactly the same time. The goat was slightly shorter than Kaito himself, and looked fairly thick beneath it's short, shaggy off-white coat. It's horns were grey and curved into rings, but they looked dangerous all the same.

"Mountain goat? Those have horns, and they're fast.. We will have to make a trap!"

Tai Li sighed. At least they would have help. The trap was a great idea. And Tai Li could see that Kaito was working on a plan now. His icy blue eyes raked the landscape for a convenient spot. FInally, they landed on one of the tallest boulders potruding from the yellow grass. Then he glanced to a scrawny tree near the boulder.

"Tai Li and Arella can startle it," Kaito murmured. Then added quickly. "By flying near it, so they can avoid the horns. They can get it to go over in that direction," Kaito nodded in the direction of the boulder and tree. "Ocean, you and I can circle it, and bring it down. I'll hide behind the boulder, my fur blends with it, and you behind the tree."

Kaito looked around. Tai Li couldn't tell if he was waiting for objections or for them to move into position. She smiled. That was Kaito.
Back to top Go down
Snowest
Beta
Beta
Snowest

Female

Wandering Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wandering   Wandering Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 9:03 am

"Tai Li and Arella can startle it," "By flying near it, so they can avoid the horns. They can get it to go over in that direction,"

Arella nodded to Kaito.

"Ocean, you and I can circle it, and bring it down. I'll hide behind the boulder, my fur blends with it, and you behind the tree."

Ocean nodded also, "That seems like a good plan." He trotted over to the tree. Settling down in the grass, he trained his eyes on the goat.

"Well, come on Tai!" She morphed into a hawk. Flying up above them, she cawed to them below.
Back to top Go down
Chaoswolf
Pup
Pup
Chaoswolf

Female
Monkey Aries

Wandering Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wandering   Wandering Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 7:00 pm

"That seems like a good plan."

Ocean was heading toward the hiding place behind the tree. Kaito blinked his icy eyes. He'd never planned with other wolves before, much less had he been complimented on a plan that he'd made. He turned and trotted just beneath the tips of the high yellow grass. He slipped behind the boulder and pressed low to the ground.

A peak around the boulder told him that the goat had yet to stop grazing. It had not heard or seen a thing.

"Well, come on Tai!"

Tai Li smiled up at her friend, and tried to think quickly of a bird to morph into. Finally, she decided and leapt into the air, her otter paws quickly becoming wings and talons. She had chosen an eagle.

Let's go she cawed with a smile. Quickly she veered direction to hover behind the goat. She looked back at Arella, to see if she was ready too.
Back to top Go down
Snowest
Beta
Beta
Snowest

Female

Wandering Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wandering   Wandering Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 8:10 pm

(I guess well take turns controlling the goat)

Ocean waited paitently. Kaito had gone to his place, and Ocean couldnt wait for the hunt. But anxiaty stired in his stomach.

Let's go

Arella looked at Tai, now an eagle, and grinned.
"Yes, lets!" She burst down at the goat. With a loud cry she pecked it's rump. With an equaly loud cry the goat burst off, braying at the offending bird.
Back to top Go down
Chaoswolf
Pup
Pup
Chaoswolf

Female
Monkey Aries

Wandering Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wandering   Wandering Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 2:29 am

OOC: Sorry it took so long. Sweat Drop Yes, we will alternate control of the billy, I mean mountain, goat.
"Yes, lets!"
Tai Li screeched happily and swooped down towards the goat from behind it's horned head. Her stomach clinched as the creature turned and appeared to glare at her. It swung it's head, trying to pierce her wing. But Tai Li discovered quickly that dodging was easier than it had first appeared. She flapped up higher than the goat to reach and hovered a moment. So far it wasn't moving. How are we going to make it go? she asked Arella.

Kaito watched the scene with a glazed icy look. In his mind he played out several possible sceneraios for the outcome of this hunt. He knew only one thing for certain: Should that goat harm his anima, Kaito would make sure that it paid it's debt.

Still, she seemed to be holding her own. But the mountain goat had not budged. They need to pressure it more, Kaito thought, still laying low. Make it feel as if it is in danger! He concentrated on the eagle, relaying his silent orders to Tai Li. Tai Li repeated them to Arella.

On three, we dive at it together, she cawed. Ready?
Back to top Go down
Snowest
Beta
Beta
Snowest

Female

Wandering Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wandering   Wandering Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 5:38 am

How are we going to make it go?

Arella was about to answer when she gasped as the goat attempted to hurt her freind. Flying above, fuming at the goat-

On three, we dive at it together, Ready?

Arella was only to happy to caw a quick yes in responce. On three she burst down, on the way changing into and albatross. The screeches and flurry of feathers looked like a hundred birds to the goat.

Giving a snort, he dashed away from the whirlwind of birds. Arella couldnt see what direction it went in.
Back to top Go down
Chaoswolf
Pup
Pup
Chaoswolf

Female
Monkey Aries

Wandering Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wandering   Wandering Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 1:04 am

Tai Li fluttered back as the goat galloped away. She hovered in the air, cawing excitedly. We did it! Look at him go, Tai Li laughed.

Her face immediately straightened into serious grimness. The goat was heading the wrong way. It was going in Kaito and Ocean's direction, but it would pass by Ocean's left rather than going between them.

Kaito saw this, and he stood from his crouch. He would have to run to catch up with Ocean and the goat.

The icy wolf turned to Ocean and gave a slight nod, hoping to convey that they should go through with it as planned, even though Kaito would have to run more than anticipated.
Back to top Go down
Snowest
Beta
Beta
Snowest

Female

Wandering Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wandering   Wandering Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 7:34 am

We did it! Look at him go,

Arella laughed along with Tai. But she also went silent when she noticed their error.
"Oh, no.."
Her face a mask of concern Arella relayed this information to Ocean.

Ocean turned to his left to see the goat heading that way.
"Great."
A quick glance at Kaito convayed to Ocean that the plan was still go. When the goat was close enough, Ocean dashed out. This caused the goat to go to the left, not where he wanted it.

With an exhale like a sigh he began chase.
Back to top Go down
Chaoswolf
Pup
Pup
Chaoswolf

Female
Monkey Aries

Wandering Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wandering   Wandering Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 1:08 am

Tai Li flapped quickly, hoping to do some damage control. She veered sharply and circled towards the goat and Ocean. She screeched loudly, flapping violently to startle the goat to a more forward path. For a moment, she feared that it would turn and attack Ocean, but the goat galloped towards Yatito Mountain.

Kaito was concerned for a moment about Tai Li's safety as she flew at the goat, but she dodged its horns and forced it to change direction. Kaito rushed out from behind the boulder, keeping low to the ground so as not to startle the goat into changing direction again.

Though it expended much more energy than he had intended, the silver wolf made a swift and determined dash and caught up with Ocean. He kept pushing his speed until he was running alongside the goat, about s tail length from it's side.

"Get the otherside," Kaito barked, breathing loudly.
Back to top Go down
Snowest
Beta
Beta
Snowest

Female

Wandering Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wandering   Wandering Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 8:00 pm

The rush of wind in his ears made it hard for Ocean to hear enything. But hear he did.

"Get the otherside,"

Pushing a bit more Ocean reached thegoat's other rump. The hooves seemed to reach back for him. Anyone of the could be deadly.

Ocean pulled up a bit more.
The goat, seeing 2 wolves panicked.
Back to top Go down
Chaoswolf
Pup
Pup
Chaoswolf

Female
Monkey Aries

Wandering Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wandering   Wandering Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 8:12 pm

Kaito paid close attention to the faster motion of the goat's hooves. ThumpThump Thump, Thumpthump Thump, ThumpThump...THERE! The icy wolf gripped the right hind leg just as it was coming down. By stretching it backwards, he caused the goat to stumble to the earth. It would only be down for seconds. And Kaito lept backwards to avoid a flailing hoof.

KILL IT! he urgently messaged his anima.

Tai Li, who had been close behind Arella, understood Kaito's change in plan instantly. Kaito must have seen that it would be safer for her to dive straight down for the neck than for Ocean to circle and kill. But it was already too late to tell Ocean so.

The Eagle form swept down, Talons stretched and clutched the meat beneath the goat's neck fur, clinching hard she flapped and thrashed left and right until she tore deep enough. The goat stumbled to its hooves and attempted to stand but had lost too much blood and stumbled back to the ground. It kicked weakly, but was clearly dying. Perhaps it would be better to give it a killing blow now, but Kaito sat down, his chest heaving from the chase.
Back to top Go down
Snowest
Beta
Beta
Snowest

Female

Wandering Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wandering   Wandering Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 9:27 pm

Ocean was a bit surprized when he saw Tai Li swoop down.
And so he stopped running at the goat. This saved his life, for the goat had kicked where Ocean's head had been in it's death throws.

Ocean was tired but he saw his chance. Dashing in, he delivered a crushing bite to the goat's allready bleeding neck.
The goat fell limp.

Arella, as a dove again, swooped down and landed besides Ocean, "We did it!" she addresed everyone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wandering Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wandering   Wandering Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wandering
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wolves of the Dawn :: Archives :: 2009 Archives-
Jump to: